2023 – 2024 Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate Course 8: Capstone – Quiz Answers
- Capstone basics: A capstone project in Coursera refers to a final project at the end of a study program. In the real world, these types of projects are more often referred to as case studies, Case studies are common ways for employers to assess the skills of prospective job candidates. In this part of the course, you will explore the benefits of using capstone projects, case studies, and portfolios to showcase your new skills to potential employers.
- Building your portfolio: In this part of the course, you will be introduced to two tracks (and possible cases for you to use) to complete your capstone project. Depending on which track you choose, you will then be directed to specific lessons and instructions that are applicable to the track you selected. The final deliverable in either track is a finished case study for your online portfolio.
- Using your portfolio: Having a case study in your portfolio is a first step. In this part of the course, you will focus on how you will use your portfolio to highlight skills that employers are looking for. You will develop an elevator pitch for your case study that enables people to quickly grasp a high-level understanding of what you did. Then, you can practice incorporating aspects of your case study into answers for different types of interview questions.
Professional case studies
Fill in the blank: A _ is a collection of case studies that you can share with potential employers.
- personal website
- problem statement
A portfolio is a collection of case studies that you can share with potential employers. A capstone is a final project that brings everything you’ve learned together.
Which of the following are important strategies when completing a case study? Select all that apply.
- Document the steps you’ve taken to reach your conclusion
- Communicate the assumptions you made about the data
- Answer the question being asked
- Use a programming language
When completing a case study, it’s important to answer the question being asked. It’s also important to communicate the steps you’ve taken to reach your conclusion and the assumptions you made about the data.
To successfully complete a case study, your answer to the question the case study asks has to be perfect.
To successfully complete a case study, your answer to the question the case study asks does not have to be perfect. It’s more important to show off your thought process so that the interviewers can understand how you approach the problem.
Which of the following are qualities of the best portfolios for a junior data analyst? Select all that apply.
The best portfolios are personal, unique, and simple. Your portfolio’s a chance to show people who you are and what you’re interested in. You want to keep your portfolio pretty simple, and focus on your skills as a data analyst.
Which of the following are places where you can store and share your portfolio? Select all that apply.
Portfolios can be stored and shared on public websites, including Github, Kaggle and Tableau, or on your personal website.
Case Study 1: How Does a Bike-Share Navigate Speedy Success?
Case Study 2: How Can a Wellness Technology Company Play It Smart?
Case Study 3: Follow Your Own Case Study Path