2023 – 2024 Display & Video 360 Certification Exam Answers
To activate the creative approvals process for a new creative, what step must be taken?
- Set the creative to active
- Upload the creative to Display & Video 360
- Resubmit the creative for approval
- Assign the creative to an active line item
What inventory sources allow for exclusive publisher partnerships?
- Automatic Deals and preferred deals
- Preferred deals and private auctions
- Exchanges and preferred deals
- Automatic Deals and private auctions
What hierarchy levels are required to permission and link a YouTube channel to run TrueView?
- Advertiser and Insertion Order
- Partner and Advertiser
- Campaign and Advertiser
- Partner and Insertion Order
When creating a new TrueView campaign, how long should be allocated for creative review?
- Up to 24 hours
- Up to 12 hours
- Up to 6 hours
- Up to 2 hours
Which two settings can be edited in Campaign Settings? (select two)
- Bidding Strategy
- Campaign goal
- Frequency caps
What data cannot be evaluated with a Standard or General performance report?
- The match ratio of third- and first-party audience segments
- Impressions and eCPM by website
- Clicks and conversions for individual creatives
- Viewability metrics across each IO and line item
For deals, which tool can be used to identify if the correct creative sizes are sent with the bid request?
- YouTube Programmatic Guaranteed reporting
- Advertiser’s History
- Creative status field
- Deals Troubleshooter
What report can identify when a campaign overspent the budget?
- Basic or Standard report, grouped by “Time of Day”
- A Verification report, grouped by “Advertiser Currency”
- A SDF report based on the insertion order and line items
- An Inventory Availability report grouped by “Time of Day”
When users make changes to a line item or insertion order, where are those changes displayed?
- In the downloadable Structured Data File
- Under Change History in the change log
- In the left panel after searching for the user name
- In the Partner’s Basic Details
How can a profit margin be applied to the revenue metric?
- Add a column and manually calculate revenue
- Add a percent markup in the billing profile
- Assign the pixel to a line item’s conversion tracking
- Assign a media cost markup to the partner revenue model
What step would be taken to verify that conversion pixels are implemented and load correctly?
- Generate a Standard or General report and include conversion metrics
- Generate a Unique Reach report and include Cookie Reach: Average Impression Frequency
- Generate a pixel load report grouped by the conversion pixel(s)s
- Check the line item performance metrics for conversions greater than zero
What line items are impacted by insertion order default targeting?
- New line items only, not current line items
- All current line items
- TrueView line items
- Only video line items
How can a creative be submitted for audit after it’s been rejected and fixed?
- Select the creative and select “Activate”
- Select the creative and click “Resubmit for approval”
- On the Creative’s page, click the refresh button
- Assign the creative to another line item
What report can help verify if pixels load correctly on a webpage?
- Gross Rating Points
- Inventory Availability
What does an audit status of “Pending, servable” mean?
- The creative will serve but is prohibited due to unsuitable content
- The creative will not serve for 24 hours
- The creative will serve but may be rejected after policy review
- The creative will not serve until resubmitted for approval
What report shows the number of unique users for a specific website?
- Audience Composition
- Inventory Availability
What insertion order settings must be set before a campaign can go live?
- Auto-budget allocation and targeting
- Bids and creatives
- Bid multipliers and goals
- Budgets and flight dates
What feature allows users to adjust fixed bids for different geographies or device types?
- Partner revenue model
- Bid multipliers
- Viewability targeting
- Recency targeting
How can a site be blacklisted from an advertiser’s media buys?
- Add the URL to the advertiser’s URL field
- Identify the website’s key phrases and use them in keyword exclusion targeting
- Use the audience composition report and exclude audiences that visit that site
- Add the URL to a channel that is assigned to the advertiser’s exclusionary channel targeting
What is the correct Display & Video 360 account hierarchy?
- Partner > Campaign > Advertiser > Insertion order > Line item > Creative
- Insertion order > Partner > Line > Advertiser
- Partner > Advertiser > Campaign > Insertion order > Line item > Creative
- Account > Line item > Advertiser > Insertion order > Partner
What should be used to investigate why a line item isn’t winning the majority of qualifying open auction impressions?
- A General or Standard report grouped by channel
- The line item’s impressions lost chart
- The “Line Item Settings” CSV
- The Inventory Marketplace forecast
When is a “view” counted for TrueView campaigns?
- Each time Active View recognizes TrueView
- Each time the user watches at least two seconds of the video
- Each time the user clicks or watches 30 seconds or the entire video
- Each time a video’s screen is 50% viewable on the page
What format cannot share a frequency cap with other media formats?
What step should be taken to assign an advertiser to a preferred deal when creating a new inventory source?
- Add the advertiser’s name to the inventory access field
- Ask the publisher to activate the deal in Display & Video 360’s insertion order
- Check that the advertiser has been automatically added to the line item’s deal
- Assign the advertiser using a Google form
Which two objectives can be selected as a campaign goal? (select two)
- Remarket to existing customers
- Behavioral audience targeting
- Raise awareness of my brand or product
- Drive offline or in-store sales
What step should be taken to view performance data for targeted audience segments?
- Generate an audience performance report and select “include only targeted audience lists”
- Generate an audience composition report and filter for line items targeting audiences
- Go into the insertion orders default targeting and use the potential reach metric
- Generate an Inventory Availability report and filter by all targeted audiences.
At what levels can pacing be set?
- Line item and ad group
- Insertion order and line item
- Campaign and insertion order
- Campaign and line item
How are line items affected when a user edits the default targeting for insertion orders?
- Existing and new line items apply the original default targeting
- Newline items inherit the new default targeting and existing line items inherit edits to default geotargeting
- New and existing line items inherit the new insertion order targeting
- Existing line items are uneffected and new line items inherit the new default targeting
To optimize the campaign towards viewability, which two approaches can an advertiser take? (select two)
- Set the bid strategy to viewable CPM (vCPM)
- Assign viewability targeting
- Only target inventory displayed on mobile apps
- Add a pixel to the Default tag in Campaign Manager
What is one benefit of applying “auto budget allocation” to an insertion order’s budget settings?
- The system automatically moves budget to higher performing line items
- The system will apply new budgets based on the insertion order’s goal
- Budget segments will automatically actualize and allocate to future segments
- The system automatically provides budget suggestions to the Quality metrics
What is a benefit of linking a YouTube channel to the advertiser in Display & Video 360?
- Access to YouTube masthead inventory
- Access to Floodlight tag tracking without using dynamic pixels
- Availability to frequency caps on all media buys across YouTube and other exchanges
- Access to earned metrics, like shares, and channel subscribers
How can a line item’s potential reach be increased from 1K to 1M targeted impressions?
- Increase the bid and budget
- Add targeting such as channel and environment
- Add budget segments to the insertion order
- Remove targeting such as keywords and exclusionary site lists
What steps should be taken at the Advertiser level to run TrueView?
- Link the YouTube video
- Enable TrueView in Advertiser settings
- Link the YouTube channel
- Enter the channel code in Advertiser settings
What step should be taken to determine which creatives had the lowest eCPM over the last month?
- Generate an Audience Composition report grouped by audience with the CPM metric selected
- Go into the creative section for the advertiser and compare the inline metrics for eCPM
- Generate a Standard report grouped by creative with the eCPM metric selected
- Generate an Inventory Availability report grouped by site and multiply average CPM by frequency
How can a campaign be activated after creating it?
- Submit an IO to your support agent
- Select the Activate dropdown for the campaign, line items, and insertion orders
- Set the campaign’s start date to “Today”
- Upload a campaign Structured Data File with “Live” in the status column
When targeting a private deal with a news publisher that constantly refreshes the text on the page, which targeting should be avoided?
- Time and Day
What are two ways to check why a private deal is not running? (select two)
- Search the history logs for the deal
- Check the creative approval status
- Generate an Audience Composition report
- Use the Deals Troubleshooter
Which three settings could prevent deals from meeting their ad-serving goals? (select three)
- VAST and VPAID creatives that are approved
- Geotargeting and bid strategies
- Demographics and audience targeting
- Brand safety and sensitive category targeting
Which ad formats cannot be assigned to a single line item? (select two)
- VPAID and VAST
- Image and HTML5
- TrueView and Video
- Video and Display
How is the daily budget calculated for an insertion order with Flight Even pacing?
- The flight budget divided by the number of remaining days and multiplied by 1.5
- The remaining flight budget divided by the number of days remaining
- The remaining flight budget multiplied by the number of days remaining
- The campaign’s budget, minus the flight budget spent, divided by the number of days remaining
What are two ways to troubleshoot a non-spending line item? (select two)
- Check the line item’s Impression lost chart
- Check the creative approval status
- Confirm that media fees are invoiced
- Adjust the partner revenue model
What timezone is applied to inline charts and metrics data?
- US Eastern timezone
- US Pacific Timezone
- The advertiser’s timezone
- The user’s timezone
Where can an advertiser set their campaign goal?
- Insertion Order Default Targeting
- Campaign Settings
- Line Item Basic Details
- Partner Settings
When creating new video line items, what are two execution methods that save time? (select two)
- Use Structured Data Files to bulk upload new video line items
- Use the audience composition report, then exclude audiences that visit that site
- Duplicate video line items, then make bulk edits to targeting
- Convert display line items to video line items, then make inline adjustments to targeting
Which two pacing scenarios represent spend-behavior that’s working as intended? (select two)
- Even pacing line item overspends in the first six hours, and then pauses insertion order spend
- Ahead pacing line item spends 120% of its expected daily spend
- Even pacing line item spends 200% up front then evens out by the end of the month
- ASAP pacing line item spends the entire budget within the first couple of hours
Which environments and inventory sources cannot run within a single line item?
- Mobile app and mobile app interstitial
- YouTube and open exchange
- Desktop and mobile web
- Mobile web and mobile app
What are two Google Audiences? (select two)
- In Market
Which exchanges have their own creative audit process?
- Google Ads Manager only
- Every exchange has its own creative audit process
- AdRoll, Pubmatic, Rubicon
- AppNexus, Google Ads Manager, BrightRoll
How does the setup for a Programmatic Guaranteed deal differ from a preferred deal?
- Programmatic Guaranteed deals are available in the insertion order’s Inventory source targeting
- The publisher sets up line items in Display & Video 360 for any Programmatic Guaranteed deals
- The publisher needs to agree on number of impressions and fixed price for a Programmatic Guaranteed deal
- The publisher needs to agree on the targeting and categories for an open auction deal
What step should be taken to configure a Programmatic Guaranteed deal once negotiations are complete?
- In My Inventory, find the deal and select configure
- Find the deal in Marketplace and assign the creative
- Select the deal from the insertion order’s Inventory Source targeting
- Add the Deal ID in the advertiser’s Basic Details
How can an advertiser be granted access to TrueView inventory?
- Add YouTube to the targeted sites in the TrueView channel
- Add a 4 percent media fee to the partner revenue model
- Accept Terms & Conditions and Fees in the Partner’s settings
- Add YouTube to the list of accepted exchanges in the Partner’s settings
What step should an advertiser take to exclude sensitive categories using a supported third-party verification tool?
- Upload the categories into Campaign Manager’s Verification system
- Select the integrated third-party from “Other Verification Services” in Brand Safety targeting
- Contact support with a list of the categories that need to be excluded using a specific third-party verification service
- Implement tracking tags with 1×1 pixels that call the third-party’s verification system
Where are video ads hosted for a TrueView campaign?
- On Campaign Manager
- On the advertiser’s public YouTube channel
- On Display & Video 360 using a 1×1 pixel and a Native ad tag
- Through a third-party video hosting tool
What step should be taken to track and secure a programmatic deal with a publisher?
- Go to Marketplace Negotiations to review and accept deals in Display & Video 360
- Contact your customer support representative
- Go to the partner’s Basic Details, in Display & Video 360 and link the deal ID
- Go to Inventory targeting within a line item and search within “Inventory Source”
What is the result of using a VPAID tag instead of a VAST tag when running video ads?
- Less available inventory across all devices
- The ability to run on TrueView inventory
- More available inventory across all devices
- Less functionality for engagement and interaction with ad
How are creatives assigned to a line item?
- Bulk upload a creative spreadsheet in the advertiser’s creative section
- In the line item’s settings, search and select the correct 1×1 pixel
- While setting up a new creative for the advertiser, assign the line item and click Save
- Select the creative to assign in the line item’s creative section
How would you add third-party verification to a creative when Campaign Manager is your ad server?
- Download the Campaign Manager tag, append to the Display & Video 360 tag, and perform a SDF bulk upload
- Add the Display & Video 360 tags to Campaign Manager with the third party verification’s tracking link
- In Display & Video 360, use the custom tag wrapper feature
- Add the integration code to the advertiser’s Basic Details and upload the tags to Display & Video 360
Which two insertion order and line item settings are required? (select two)
- Auto Budget Allocation
- Automated bid strategy
What ad format cannot run with Even pacing set on the insertion order?
To access a first-party audience list from a Floodlight tag in Display & Video 360, what step should be taken in Campaign Manager?
- Add a Display & Video 360 macro to the Floodlight Tag
- Add a custom variable for audience targeting
- Set the Floodlight tag to accept Dynamic tags
- Assign the Floodlight tag to an audience list
What is the difference between Programmatic Guaranteed deals and preferred deals?
- Preferred deals do not allow targeting edits in Display & Video 360
- Programmatic Guaranteed deals are incompatible with conversion pixels
- Programmatic Guaranteed deals have required minimum spend
- Preferred deals have required minimum spend
To send data from Campaign Manager to Display & Video 360, what initial step should be taken?
- Remove any reference to Campaign Manager Site(s) in Display & Video’s Basic Details
- Associate Display & Video 360 in the advertiser’s Floodlight configuration in Campaign Manager
- Associate the Display & Video 360 partner ID in Campaign Manager’s Properties
- Associate the Bid Manager partner ID in the advertiser’s “Creatives fields” section
What percentage of the daily budget is applied when using “Ahead” pacing?
- 150% of the budget, based on budget segments and KPIs
- 200% of the daily budget, based on inventory
- 120% of the daily budget, based on the flight dates
- It’s not a specific percentage, it’s solely based on performance
What environment supports proximity targeting?
- Mobile Web
- Mobile App
- Desktop Web on Mobile
What is required for creative approval?
- A 3rd-party verification tracker
- A valid landing page
- Data sharing is enabled
- HTML5 formatting
How can a group of URLs be excluded across advertisers?
- Contact support to exclude the list of URLs
- Create a channel of URLs and exclude it in advertiser or partner-level targeting
- Cross-match a group of URLs with their sensitive categories and block them in Brand Safety targeting
- Upload an Inventory Availability report into the line item’s verification settings
Which campaign setting impacts how the associated insertion orders deliver?
- Performance goal
- Planned spend
- Frequency capping
- Campaign name
To duplicate a line item, what steps must be taken?
- Select the line item, click “Action,” and then “Bulk Edit”
- Select the line item, click “Action,” and then “Download”
- Select the line item, click “Action,” and then “Duplicate”
- Use the default targeting to duplicate line items
What are two ways to make bulk changes within Display & Video 360 campaigns?
- Naviagate to Insertion Order < Line Item level < Select Line Item < Action <Bulk Edit
- Navigate to optimization within line item view
- Use Structured Data Files (SDF)
- Update within Campaign Manager
Where can a preferred deal be assigned?
- In the partner settings, under inventory source
- In the line item’s audience targeting
- In the line item’s inventory source targeting
- In the line item’s creative assignment
Which two views show the revenue and conversion metrics for line items? (select two)
- Performance view
- Quality view
- Optimization view
- Pacing view
What is one way to control ad frequencies across multiple insertion orders?
- Set recency targeting
- Set campaign-level frequency caps
- Assign a frequency cap to each creative
- Create insertion order budget segments
What step would an advertiser take to target a list of email addresses?
- Create a Custom Affinity audience list
- Assign a Floodlight tag to an audience list in Campaign Manager
- Add the email addresses to keyword targeting
- Create a Customer Match list for TrueView
Which ad format supports pre-bid verification with Integral Ad Science?
- Mobile app