2023 – 2024 Coursera Cloud Computing Basics (Cloud 101) – Quiz Answers
Week 1: What is the “Cloud”? Quiz answers
In this module, we’ll discuss what the Cloud is, what it supports, and how it is delivered. We’ll also explore computing as a utility, storage services, and Cloud economics, as well as distributed computing, managed infrastructure, and Azure services.
1. Which of the following services does Cloud offer? Select all that apply.
- fixed costs
- Disk and storage space
- Databases services
2. True or False: Cloud makes services available by way of the Internet.
3. Which TWO of the following are true of Cloud services?
- Services can be added or reduced as needed.
- Cloud computing is NOT a variable cost.
- Computing services are charged either by the hour or subscription-based.
- Cloud does not offer cost management.
4. Does Cloud replace your native hardware and software?
5. Cloud services are delivered __________ .
6. Any services accessed over the network are _________ .
- Local Resources
- Physical Hardware
- Remote Services
- Native Software
7. Which feature of Cloud services makes it possible to manage computing infrastructure better and more efficiently?
- Cloud economics
- None of the above
- Computing services
8. What is the name of the product that manages Cloud services on hardware?
- Managed Infrastructure
- Remote Desktop Connection
9. Which is not a category of Cloud Computing
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Files as a Service (FaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
10. True or False: Firms can use a console to administer Cloud services.
Week 1: Levels of Managed Service quiz answers
In this module, we will explore the levels of managed service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, Software as a Service, and Function as a Service.
1. Which of the following is NOT a feature of IaaS?
- Makes it possible for smaller firms to have the same infrastructure as large firms.
- Involves services that require large investments to deploy, maintain, and upgrade.
- Applications are hosted by a third party to offer to customers.
- Offerings include virtual servers, desktops, security, and networking.
2. The IaaS approach uses _____ to maintain consistency, making it possible to manage hardware like you would manage software.
- development and testing
3. True or False: IaaS provides virtual servers for application hosting.
4. Which of the following feature is an example of Platform as a Service (PaaS)?
- Hosted applications
- Dynamic, on-demand computing
- Development environments
5. Which of the following offers a pay-as-you-go or rental options for enterprise software, as well as enables geographic around-the-clock development using the same investment?
6. When using SaaS, do users need to install the offered software before using it?
7. Which of the following is NOT an example of SaaS?
- Meeting tools
- Time tracking
- Personalized marketing
8. Function as a Service (FaaS) provides an application development environment in the form of ________ .
- runtime services
- data storage
9. True or False: With FaaS, the environment continues to run during idle time, incurring costs.
10. Which of the following are disadvantages to Cloud computing?
- Data is under control of the Cloud provider.
- None of the managed services provide accessible data storage options.
- The ability to move data from the Cloud provider is limited.
- Security can be an issue if the Cloud provider doesn’t take the steps to guard data.
Week 2: Deployment Models quiz answers
In this module, we’ll discuss different deployment models of Cloud computing. We’ll explore private and public deployment models, hybrid cloud, HPC cloud, and big data cloud.
1. How are Cloud services delivered on a Private Cloud?
- On the firm’s network
- Via 3rd party services
- Public Internet
2. Which of the following offers services as a 3rd party provider, delivers services over public internet, are generally available to everyone, and are invoiced based only on what is used?
- Private Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
- HPC Cloud
- Public Cloud
3. Hybrid Cloud allows firms to respond to many of the disadvantages of public Cloud.
4. Which of the following is a strategy of High Performance Computing (HPC)?
- Parallel processing
- A mix of private and 3rd party services
- Services are public and available to all
5. A group of computers acting as one is a ______ .
6. A ____________ is where a public cloud provider dedicates a set of computing resources for a specific customer.
- A Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- An High Performance Computing (HPC) architecture
- A Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
7. Big Data involves highly complex data sets.
8. True or False: A VPN allows firms to extend their network to outside data centers using internet connections.
9. With which of the following do firms have full control of their data?
- Big Data Cloud
- HPC Cloud
- Private Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
10. Which THREE of these are key components of HPC?
- Data storage
Week 2: Hosting Scenarios quiz answers
In this module, we’ll take a look at different hosting scenarios including bare-metal computing, VMs, Docker, Kubernetes, on-premises computing, and Cloud computing. We will also discuss best practices and use-cases for cloud computing.
1. A hosting strategy where software products are installed on the physical hardware,
2. Which of the following are true of Bare-metal computing? Select all that apply.
- Admins can make virtual templates of VM images.
- No virtualization is used.
- Allows the hardware to be used more efficiently and by more users.
- Is based on a structure called a pod.
- There are multiple fixed costs with this approach.
3. True or False? Running Virtual Machines (VMs) makes better use of the existing hardware.
4. With a VM, multiple copies of the VM images can be made, each with their own _______________ and host ID.
- virtual network adapter
- virtual template
- IP address
5. A PaaS product that provides virtualized operating system environments called containers that are 100% independent from each other.
6. A product that automates application deployment, scaling, and maintenance. It is a PaaS container orchestration product that can also be offered as an IaaS.
7. Which of the following are features of On-premises Computing? Select all that apply.
- All hardware is controlled by the firm.
- Computing services are delivered on the firm’s network.
- Is popular in gaming and IoT because responsiveness is critical.
- Can be either private, public, or hybrid.
8. True or False? With Cloud computing, the delivery of the software services can be by a public, private, or virtual private network.
9. Computing services are brought physically closer to the customer. It has evolved into running software and applications, while keeping latency low.
- Edge Computing
- Cloud Computing
10. The cloud uses one or more __________ to execute the software product.
- private networks
- virtual machines
Week 3: Comparing Cloud Platforms quiz answers
In this module, we will compare some of the cloud platforms. We’ll discuss Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud, and SalesForce.
1. Which of the following platform is a Microsoft product that offers Linux and Windows OS computing as well as packages for different sized firms?
- IBM Cloud
- Google Cloud Platform
- Amazon Web Services
2. Which of the following is a popular feature of Amazon Web Services (AWS)?
- Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2)
- Linux Computing
3. True or False: AWS’s Amazon Machine Image (AMI) enables teams to template running servers and to copy and run templated images.
4. AWS offers varieties of____________. Select all that apply.
5. Which of the following provides Cloud services such as IaaS, PaaS, and Faas, and lists over 100 products in their brand?
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- IBM Cloud
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
6. Offers include IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, Private Cloud, Virtual Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, as well as the typical virtualization services and solutions for DevOps.
- IBM Cloud
7. _____________ are a major offering of the IBM Cloud.
- Artificial intelligence
- Mobile desktops
- Data analytics
8. True or False: IBM Cloud offers a single console because its Cloud offerings are not numerous.
9. What is SalesForce’s primary product type?
- Numerous consoles
- Open-source software
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) SaaS products
10. SalesForce’s cloud service, ___________, offers development environments and tools designed to integrate with other SalesForce offerings.
- Community Cloud
Week 3: The Future of Cloud Computing quiz answers
In this module, we’ll discuss the future of cloud computing. We will explore serverless computing, distributed and decentralized applications, machine learning and AI, and Azure Internet of Things.
1. Serverless Computing is an extension of _______ .
2. True or False: Pricing for Serverless Computing is based on the services, and not the runtime computing time used.
3. Which of the following are trade-offs of Serverless Computing?
- Mobility can be a problem since it is often based on proprietary provider standards.
- Serverless databases and Serverless storage have recently become available.
- Products are generally based on popular databases such as MySQL.
- Performance can be slow and resources are limited.
4. Which of the following has created an operating environment that is the equivalent to an operating network and is based on a network of computers?
- Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
5. _________ data converts it to a string of fixed length and stores it on the node. It can reflect whether data has been tampered with or hacked.
6. Which of the following is true of distributed applications? Select all that apply.
- DApps can run as a web or mobile app and are the basis of the new Internet of value.
- Is very back-end heavy and is ideal for Cloud computing.
- Nodes can be deployed as needed.
- DLT nodes can also run applications, called DApps.
7. A computing strategy process that processes data for computer programs to make decisions.
- Cloud Computing
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Blockchain technology
8. True or False: AI learning requires vast amounts of data storage.
9. The _________ forms the foundation of smart devices and automated devices.
- Azure Cloud
- Azure Digital Twins
- Internet of Things (IoT)
10. Which of the following provides real-time metrics on IoT solutions and looks for vulnerabilities?
- IoT Edge
- Azure IoT Insights
- Azure Digital Twins